December 17, 2022, 12:25 PM HST
The American Coronary heart Affiliation, alongside Hawaiian Airlines is supporting food items obtain businesses in Hawaiʻi by hosting a heart healthful food items drive Jan. 16-30, 2023.
To assist the healthful food generate, items can be dropped off at from Jan. 16-30 at the following areas:
- Hawai‘i Foodbank, 2611 Kilihau St., Honolulu, Hi 96819, 808-836-3600
- Hawai‘i Foodbank Kaua‘i, 4241 Hanahoa Pl., Ste. 101, Lihue, Hi 96766, 808-482-2224
- Maui Food Financial institution, 760 Kolu St., Wailuki, Hi 96793, 808-243-9500
- The Meals Basket, 40 Holomua St., Hilo, Hello 96720, 808-933-6030
- The Food items Basket, 73-4161, Ulu Wini Pl., Kailua-Kona, Hello 96740, 808-322-1418
“Healthy foods provide as the basis of exceptional overall health and deciding upon healthful alternatives is less difficult when foods access companies distribute foods that supply sufficient nourishment,” organizers explained. “People who encounter food items insecurity are at a larger danger for chronic conditions thanks in portion to the use of harmful meals that are large in energy and small in nutrition.”
Hawaiʻi’s statewide network of meals financial institutions acknowledges that steady, equitable entry to harmless and healthy foodstuff is a elementary human appropriate. Appropriately, food items banks like Hawai‘i Foodbank are prioritizing packages and initiatives to supply more healthy food possibilities to the communities they serve.
The meals travel is a element of the American Heart Association’s Coronary heart of Hawaiʻi marketing campaign, a 12 months- round wellness effort and hard work culminating at its once-a-year Coronary heart Ball.
Hawaiian Airlines is primary the Coronary heart of Hawaiʻi company attempts to aid the nutritious foodstuff drive and provide as an instance for other firms to host their individual healthful foods drives performing with the Association.
Wholesome meals gathered in the foodstuff drive need to stick to the Association’s nutritional tips together with low saturated excess fat, very low sodium and no additional sugar. These food items are the greatest in diet and add the vitamins that are most helpful in averting the development of serious health conditions like coronary heart disorder and stroke.
- Beverages- drinking water, 100% fruit juice, very low-unwanted fat, powdered milk
- Proteins- unsalted nuts, normal peanut butter, canned meat with no added sodium, beans both dried or no-sodium
- Whole Grains- complete wheat pasta, entire wheat crackers, total grain cereals, full grain, normal granola bars, brown rice
- Canned and Dry Products- canned greens with no included sodium, canned fruit in 100% fruit juice, organic applesauce, soups with reduced or no sodium, dried fruit with no included sugar and healthier cooking oils these kinds of as olive oil
The items from the Hawaiian Airlines healthy meals travel will be donated to Hawai‘i Foodbank on O‘ahu, Hawai‘i Foodbank Kaua‘i, Maui Food Bank and The Foods Basket on Hawai‘i Island.