Lighter Seven Layer Dip
This is a 7 layer dip makeover. It replaces full-fat sour cream with plain non-fat Greek yogurt which is going to be far less calories and a bit more protein to help keep you full. For the bean layer, I’ve replaced refried beans with black beans that I have rinsed and drained which is going to remove some of this sodium. To help cut back on sodium, I’ve also used reduced sodium taco seasoning.
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream or plain Food Club Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 packet reduced sodium Food Club taco seasoning
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- 2 medium avocados, mashed
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can Food Club black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans Food CLubcorn, drained
- 1 cup pico de gallo salsa
- 1 cup Food Club reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 2 ounce can Food Club sliced black olives
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Spread beans in the bottom of a 9 x13 inch pan.
- Mix together Greek yogurt or sour cream, garlic, taco seasoning and the juice of one lime in a bowl and spread mixture over beans.
- Mash the avocado with cilantro and remaining lime juice. Spoon on top of sour cream,
- Layer pico de gallo over guacamole.
- Top with shredded cheese, black olives, tomatoes and green onions.
- Chill for 30 minutes and serve with tortilla chips or sliced vegetables.
Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 1/2 cups Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 ounces Food Club Fat-free cream cheese OR ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup Food Club Non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Food Club Hot sauce
- ¾ teaspoon Onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Green onions, chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- Mix all ingredients together, except for ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Pour buffalo mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish and top evenly with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Top with additional green onions if desired and serve.
Serving recommendations: celery, carrot sticks, cauliflower and broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, whole grain tortilla chips or crackers.